Kia Ora Koutou,
My name is Sharon Griffiths. I joined the team at T.A.P.S early in 2015, following over 14 years experience teaching, leading and mentoring in and around South Auckland.
After completing a Bachelor in Education at Auckland College of Education, my teaching career began in Cambridge, England whilst on my O.E. Two years later I returned home and began teaching in Papakura and later Karaka. Over the years, I have completed a postgraduate paper in mentoring beginning teachers, and as a result I was invited by the NZ Teachers Council to present my research to the ECE, Primary and Intermediate sectors at the World Teachers Day Conference in Wellington, in October 2010. I have been a Team Leader, Deputy Principal and now, it is my honour to be named the Principal at T.A.P.S.
My strengths involve my approachability and willingness to listen. I have a strong understanding of the curriculum across all year levels and I am passionate about children learning and enjoying the process! I prefer to work collaboratively and alongside my colleagues and I also know that connecting with parents and our local community is essential to enriching the experience at T.A.P.S. Growing brilliant, young, citizens who can contribute to the world is my ultimate goal.
During my free time, I enjoy spending quality time with my husband and children. I like being outdoors, gardening and mowing lawns. My love of nature extends to my two children, Connor and Hunter. One day I hope to own a small block in the middle of nowhere, and to live off the land with my family.
I love T.A.P.S and I am thrilled to be your Principal.
Ngā mihi nui
- Deputy Principals
- Diane Gudsell SENCO - Learning Mentor (Junior School)
- Katrina Easton Executive Officer
- Timatanga Team (NE)
- Taiohi Team (Y1/2)
Tauihi Team (Yr 3/4)
- Michael Macdonald Teacher - Room 11
- Melanie Dragovich Room 12
- Alex Dowdle Teacher Room 13 - currently on Maternity leave
- Jane Ellis Teacher - Room 14
- Wendy James Teacher - Room 15 - Team Leader
- Michelle Galbraith Teacher - Room 15
- Sara Ripia Teacher Room 13 - shared with Erin
- Erin Westgate Teacher Room 13 - shared with Sara
- Topa Team (Yr 5/6)
- Release Teachers
- Amy Harrop Inquiry Centre Manager
- Teacher Aides
After School Care & Breakfast Club
- Laille Martin Supervisor
- Dawn Connor 2IC (second in charge) ASC & Breakfast Club
- Pam Ballentyne Before & After School Care Assistant
- Sam Green After School Care Assistant
- Khaleia Martin After School Care Assistant
- Varinia Argandona Before & After School Care Assistant
- Jess Aukett After School Care Assistant
- Kristen Van der Wel After School Carer
- Grounds & Buildings
- The Cleaning Team